Remember the days of simple media and mass communication? The days marketers would simply buy an ad, tv commercial slot, throw out some direct mail, a few magazine ads, radio spots, measure the response and get on with their day job of herding cats and taming elephants? I'm joking but you get the point.
Media is becoming more complex. It’s not just the explosion of social media, but the fact that according to a 2013 Nielsen study that confirmed the most trusted source of info in all countries surveyed world wide is earned media, also described as what use to be known as word of mouth.
The problem is that many are confusing earned media with paid media and owned media. They are blurring them all together and as a results wasting millions of dollars, ticking off their audiences, ruining relationships with thought leaders and influencers and the list goes on.
Today we are kicking off a new “in a nutshell” mini-series of the Social Zoom Factor podcast to do a deep dive on the 3 types of media you must understand if you want to be successful in the online world and with digital marketing.
Take a listen to the 138th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast to get an overview and understanding of paid, earned and owned media. Be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
In this 15 minute podcast you will learn:
- Overview of paid media, earned media and owned media
- The difference between paid, earned and owned media
- How to avoid blurring earned and paid media
- Why you must be careful in not confusing how and when to use these types of media
- Why your blog and website is critical to success as a home base and your most important owned media
- Top 10 Mistakes Brands Make with Influencer Marketing and How to Fix Them (episode 121)
- Influencer Marketing in a Nutshell (episode 96)
- Influence the Influencer -Co-Created Content in a Nutshell (Episode 97)
- Are You as Influential as You Think? (episode 98)
- How to Develop a Content Marketing Framework and Plan (episode 7)
- Social media and Influencer Marketing Launch Strategies (episode 35)
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
- How to Build a Social Business Strategy & Plan (episode 14)
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media – Building Your Media Foundation
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.