Do you know the difference between traditional marketing, ecommerce, multichannel marketing and omnichannel marketing?
Omnichannel marketing is not simply a buzzword for multichannel marketing. Omnichannel marketing requires that the multiple marketing channels are working together to create and deliver an amazing, seamless user experience. If the channels are not working together, it's not omnichannel marketing.
Did you know that according to Google, 25% of shoppers start on a PC but eventually move to a mobile device. Shoppers are no longer using one channel to research, shop and buy. People don't always simply walk into a store and buy a product. They may first be researching the product or service online via mobile device, tablet, desktop or all of the above.
Even in the B2B (business to business) space, business leaders are doing the same thing. They are researching products, services and people behind the brands using multiple channels. They jump from iPhone to iPad to laptop within minutes. Both B2B and B2C (business to consumers) customers expect brands to design a user experience that is personal, relevant and seamless across devices.
It is important for digital and social marketers to understand the reason why, the context, the when, where and how their customers are using what screen to connect with and buy from the business.
Take a listen to the 154th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast “in a nutshell” episode for an overview and definition of omnichannel marketing.
This episode is part of a new “in a nutshell” mini-series of the Social Zoom Factor podcast to do a deep dive on many marketing and business concepts, strategies and tactics important to understand if you want to be successful in the online world and with digital marketing.
Be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
In this 20 minute podcast you will learn:
- Definition and overview of omnichannel marketing
- Difference between traditional marketing, ecommerce, multichannel marketing and omnichannel marketing
- Why channels must work together to be considered omnichannel marketing
- How omnichannel marketing differs from multichannel marketing
- Why you should not force your online buyer to scale up screens (move from mobile device to desktop)
- Why marketers should become experience architects
- The importance of being at the right place at the right time, not every place all of the time
- The importance of creating personal and seamless experiences
- Earned, Owned and Paid Media in a Nutshell (episode 138)
- Top 10 Mistakes Brands Make with Influencer Marketing and How to Fix Them (episode 121)
- Influencer Marketing in a Nutshell (episode 96)
- Influence the Influencer -Co-Created Content in a Nutshell (Episode 97)
- Are You as Influential as You Think? (episode 98)
- How to Develop a Content Marketing Framework and Plan (episode 7)
- Social media and Influencer Marketing Launch Strategies (episode 35)
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
- How to Build a Social Business Strategy & Plan (episode 14)
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media – Building Your Media Foundation
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.