Welcome to the digital age of marketing where you are the brand. You can run and hide but you can't escape the need to build your personal brand.
We all know people buy from people. People also tweet with other people. They connect on LinkedIn with other people. They live video stream, Instagram and SnapChat with other people as well.
When a new potential client contacts us to do business, the first place go to learn about them is the internet. We will start with a Google, Facebook or Twitter search. We then immediately click through to LinkedIn.
In a matter of seconds we can find out who the person is and if they are who they said they are in the contact form. We can find out where they work now and where they have worked the past 10 – 20 years. We will within seconds know if they have a blog, if they have kids, where they went to school and the list goes on.
Yes, you may be sitting there reading this and think… “Pam, you will never know that about me because I will never post all of that information.”
I want to ask you why? Why would you not want me to find out the best information about you? Why not ensure your digital persona is a true representation of who you really are?
It is becoming a requirement , not an option to develop your personal brand. If you want to be trusted and rise above the noise you must connect with people as a human being, not just a logo.
Building your personal brand doesn't happen by jumping on Facebook or creating a fancy Twitter background or highly edited profile photo of yourself.
You don't build your personal brand in minutes or hours. You build your personal brand over days, weeks, months and years. You must earn trust, establish credibility and authority.
You must know who you are. You must know who your audience is and how you can serve them.
Even if you are just getting started online, it is important you start somewhere. It only takes a seed. it's how you nurture your personal brand that will bring success.
In this 23 minute podcast you will learn:
- 7 fundamental steps to build your personal brand
- How to determine your personal branding goals
- Why YOU are your brand!
- How to develop your own personal branding strategy
- Why you must be self aware of your strengths and weaknesses
- Why personal branding is a requirement, not an option
- Why you must stop excuses and start building your personal brand today
- The difference between authenticity and transparency
- Why you must know who you are and what you stand for
- Why you must know your audience and what they need from you
- How to be aware of your digital body language
Need more help? Social Profit Factor Training Academy and Marketing Nutz Can Help!
Check out our new comprehensive online social media and branding training academy, the Social Profit Factor, that will help create a solid branding strategy and plan for your business and personal brand. You will learn how to integrate it with a cohesive social media and content marketing strategy and plan that will attract, inspire and help you connect with your ideal customer in a human way! Sign up now to become a founding member and receive some incredible deals plus bonus offers.
Need us to help train your team? Time to take your sales team, ambassadors or even executives to the next level with a personal brand? Give us a shout and let's get a custom workshop scheduled for your organization. Increase sales by generating more leads using social media to nurture relationships.
- Digital Body Language: 105 Factors Impacting Your Personal Brand (white paper)
- 15 Tips to Zoom Your Online Brand (white paper)
- Personal Branding: Authenticity vs Transparency – Do You Know the Difference?
- Your Brand is Not Your Logo: 5 Reasons You Need a Brand Strategy and Plan
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet)