Would you build a new house without a plan? Of course you wouldn't, right? To build a house that will last a lifetime you need a framework and architecture. A framework and plan is what helps ensure the house is developed on time, meets standards to keep you safe and enjoy the home for decades to come.
Running your business, as well the marketing and content strategies that support your goals also require a framework and architecture.
How much time do you spend creating content to inspire and connect with your audience? Is the content you create built upon or supported by a solid framework and architecture for success? Or are you winging it with a little bit of social spaghetti thrown at the social network walls, hoping it sticks?
A solid content architecture and framework can make or break your results online. I know what you are thinking…. “Pam this is just mumbo jumbo marketing talk…. I don't need a content architecture like you do, as you are a geek and you love these things.”
Well, that assumption couldn't be more wrong. Regardless of the size of your business and budget, you need to build your content by starting with a solid framework and plan. I recently shared with you one of the first steps to creating your content marketing plan, which is conducting a content marketing audit using our content inventory worksheet.
Building your content marketing architecture, framework and plan requires both art and science. You must know your audience, your own goals and objectives, your unique value in the market and how you are going to uniquely position yourself. In addition you must be crystal clear on your message so that you can create creative visuals, audio, text, social media posts and even video to inspire and connect your audiences.
These things do not all happen like magic. You aren't going to suddenly wake up one morning and the framework just falls from the sky with a perfect bow ready for you to take it to market.
The truth is frameworks and architectures take time. Just as building a new home or building takes time, building your business inclusive of a content marketing plan also takes time.
If you want results with your content marketing effort you must create a content management system inclusive of goals, objectives, editorial calendars, alignment to needs of audience and the list goes on.
In this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast I explain how to get started building a content marketing system, set goals, as well as strategies to help you get started and ensure you truly understand the needs of your audience and much more.
This episode is part of a series that will dig in deep to the power of content marketing inclusive of strategies, and tactics you can implement immediately to take your content marketing and online business results to the next level.
Also, be sure to check out this recent webinar “Irresistible Content Marketing Curation and Creation” where I share the 5 pillars of content marketing success as well as how you can leverage content curation to increase your content marketing results. Register now.
- 10 Golden Rules for Content Marketing
- Designing your content framework.
- Customer case study and the power of content marketing planning and organization.
- Brand architectures that increase ROI and improve efficiencies.
- Create once, use many with a message house (message bible).
- Content inventory systems (know what ya' got).
- Content marketing goals, objectives and measurement.
- Knowing your audience.
- Getting integrated with the rest of your business.
- Inviting your community to join your content marketing journey.
- Humanizing your content and brand.
Need more help? Social Profit Factor Training Academy and Marketing Nutz Can Help!
Check out our new comprehensive online social media and branding training academy, the Social Profit Factor, that will help create a solid social media and content marketing strategy and plan that will connect you with your ideal customer in a human way! Sign up now to become a founding member and receive some incredible deals plus bonus offers.
Need us to help train your team? Give us a shout and let's get a custom workshop scheduled for your organization. Increase sales by generating more leads using social media and content marketing to nurture relationships.
- Social Profit Factor Training System + Member Community
- Free Content Marketing Webinar: Irresistible Content Marketing Curation and Creation
- Content Marketing Inventory Worksheet + Editorial Calendar Template (worksheet download)
- Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Template Podcast Tutorial (podcast)
- Audience analysis worksheet to help you identify and prioritize your top audiences.
- Content Marketing in a Nutshell
- Why You Need an Integrated Social Media, Digital Marketing Plan
- How to Master the Art and Science of Content Marketing Curation and Creation
- 10 Things You Must Know About Your Audience
- Brand Humanization in a Nutshell (episode 5)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.