With the explosion of social, digital marketing platforms and technologies such as mobile live streaming even small businesses and individuals have the opportunity to become the media.
Becoming the media today does not require millions of dollars spent on advertising and fancy websites. Instead an individual person serving as an industry influencer or thought leader can launch a blog and integrated digital, social platform and quite quickly have brands eagerly wanting to engage with them. The brands want to tap into the power of their community, reach and voice because it is truly people who are becoming the media. You and me are the media.
Many brands and people struggle with how much of them personally do they incorporate into the communications, platform and media. Because they don't know how to brand themselves, incorporate brand storytelling or properly engage their audience they wind up spamming and pushing people away versus drawing them closer to their brand.
The leaders who are rockin' their personal and business brands online know how to balance content about themselves while always serving and making it about their audience. It truly requires both art and science.
Take a listen to episode 163 of the Social Zoom Factor podcast to learn 7 tips to zoom your brand with the “You Factor!”
This episode is part of the “You Are the Media” series in which we are digging deep into how you can build an integrated social and digital platform that works when you are not working. A platform that helps you inspire, connect with and delight your audiences. Be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
In this 25 minute podcast you will learn:
- 7 Tips to zoom your brand with the you factor
- Importance of personal branding
- Why you must always put your audience first
- Importance of brand storytelling
- How to offer a unique perspective
- Importance of taking risk and getting out of your own way
- Incorporating different mediums such as audio, video and text
- Importance of truly engaging your audience
- Brand Storytelling in a Nutshell
- What Digital Marketers can Learn from Goldilocks and the 3 Bears
- 7 Foundational Steps to Build Your Personal Brand
- 10 Business Use Cases for Video Live Streaming with Periscope, Meerkat and more
- Brand Strategy in a Nutshell
- 10 Tips to Zoom Your Brand with Social Media
- Digital Body Language: 105 Factors Impacting Your Brand (white paper)
- Know Your Audience! Audience Analysis Worksheet
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
- 15 Characteristics of Human Brands (episode 55)
- Content Editorial Calendar Template (worksheet / template)
- How to Develop a Content Marketing Framework and Plan (episode 7)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media – Building Your Media Foundation