One of the most foundational elements in creating a social and digital marketing platform is building a platform that works when you are not working.
In the attention starved economy we live and work in, unfortunately too many marketers think they need to be the loudest brand on the social web to get attention. They focus on quantity versus quality. The goal should not be the loudest but to be the most valuable. Social savvy digital marketers want their audience to discover and find their brand in a natural and easy way.
A goal for smart marketers should be to build a platform that helps you achieve defined and measurable business and marketing goals in the most efficient way and with the highest ROI possible. The platform should be constantly increasing brand awareness, inspiring people to connect with the brand, generating leads and even sales without the marketing and social media teams having to sit at the keyboard all day spamming links.
The goal is not to spam the digital and social web with massive quantities of the same content every other brand in your industry is publishing, or to win the award for sending the most tweets on a daily basis.
The goal is to work smarter, not just harder. Digital marketers must find a way to create unique, valuable content that is discoverable. You must find a way to create content that your ideal customer finds without you having to push it to them. You must find a way to create unique and personalized experiences that your customer, partners and audience will remember for a lifetime.
Discoverable content is easy for the right people to find and engage with and share. It’s content that is relevant to what they are searching for. Discoverable content that is relevant will give your reader that “oooh I like this” feeling after reading only the first paragraph. They should know they have landed on the right page, with the right content source and are about to read, hear or watch content that is going to help them solve their problems, achieve their business and life goals.
Would you like to know how to…
- Optimize content for discovery
- Stop being a slave to traditional SEO since in reality it no longer works anyway
- Understand how SEO and SMO can work together to increase business and marketing results
- Maximize investment and results using the social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Snapchat
- Create evergreen content that has a long shelf life and can help you achieve your business goals not just today or tomorrow but next year as well
If these are the questions you would like to understand the answers, then you are in luck today. Take a listen to the 185th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast for 7 strategies to create more discoverable content.
In this 25 minute podcast you will learn:
- 7 Strategies and tips to create more discoverable content
- Why you must write and publish natural content, not content written for the search engines
- Why you can’t trick Google search
- Learning the basics of SEO and SMO (social media optimization)
- Utilizing hashtags to optimize content for discovery
- How to keep your content fresh and unique while still providing value
- Why you must know where your audience is hanging out online
- How to avoid getting stuck in a content rut
- Why you must not follow the masses or chase every shiny object
- Working smarter, not harder in creating content your audience will devour
- Content Editorial Calendar Template
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet to help you prioritize your niche)
- Content Marketing in a Nutshell
- Evergreen Content Marketing in a Nutshell
- 10 Content Ideas to Rock Your Brand in the Inspiration Age
- Welcome to the Inspiration Age (episode 170)
- 50 Ways to Inspire Your Audience (white paper)
- 7 Metrics to Measure Value of Your Content in the Inspiration Age (episode 173)
- How to Connect with Your Audience in the Inspiration Age (episode 171)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media – Building Your Media Foundation