You have put your time, resource, sweat, sleepless nights and maybe even some tears into your product or business and are ready to take it to market. It's an exciting time. It feels like your baby. You want to shout from the mountain top to the world how awesome it is.
You look at all the millions and billions of people on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, Periscope and the list goes on. You want to tap into the power of community. You want some social buzz. You want people to be talking about your brand. You want business results, fame and success now, right now.
Slow down there my friend. I know you are excited. However, how you enter the online world of social media and 140 character conversations is very important. Remember, you only have one chance to make a first, second and third impression. You don't want to lose people at the first 140 character hello because you are all about yourself.
Even though you may be new to some of these amazing social networks, the millions of people who are already living and breathing them daily more than they want to admit are not new to them. They have behaviors they are accustomed to. They have certain ways they like to communicate with people and brands.
You can't just plop onto Facebook or Twitter and announce your new product or mobile application has launched expecting to build instant community and fame.
You need to develop a solid plan and strategy for how you will integrate social media into your business and launch for real result. You need to think it through. You must start long before you launch, not the week before or morning of.
Take a listen to the 143rd episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast where I share with you 5 foundational elements you must have to launch your business or product using social media. I also provide 10 simple ideas and tips to integrate social media into your launch immediately.
In this 30 minute podcast you will learn:
- 5 Foundational Elements Your Social Media Product Launch Must Have
- 10 tips to integrate social media into your product, service or business launch of any kind
- How to best leverage pre-launch activities and time to build community and earn trust of loyal advocates early on
- How to tap into the power of the OPC – Other People's Community and Content
- How to NOT work with influencers and industry thought leaders
- How to avoid damaging your brand with spam
- How to tap into the power of video live streaming and mobile broadcasting on apps such as Periscope and Meerkat
- How to leverage Twitter chats and Facebook groups to grow community
- The importance of integration vs random acts of marketing (RAMs)
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (based on Forrester POST Methodology)
- Social Media in a Nutshell (episode 38)
- How Not to Launch Your Product with Social Media (episode 35)
- 15 Reasons Random Acts of Marketing are Bad for Business and Career (episode 38)
- 10 Tips to Stomp Random Acts of Marketing (white paper)
- Brand Humanization in a Nutshell
- Content Marketing in a Nutshell (episode 50)
- Content Editorial Calendar Template (worksheet / template)
- Content Editorial Calendar Podcast Tutorial (episode 77)
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)